Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday .....!


 I went to the Unitarian Church downtown this morning, so that I could see Carrie Holst's solo show in the social room. It is always heartening to see the people who appreciate art! Carrie and I sketched a little before the people filled up the room. (See some of the show HERE).

Later today was girlfriend day with my friend Irene. I brought over cheeseburgers and we watched an old VHS movie from her vast movie collection. The movie was called "The Woman in White" and a (fictional character) outdoor painter/tutor named Hartright figured largely in the plot. In this scene he explains that he painted a copy of Rosetti's painting of Lizzie Siddal. Cheeseburgers! Easels! Mystery! Death! Exhumation! A great afternoon.


7 comments:

Sadami said...

ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ Hi, Celeste,
"Cheeseburgers! Easels! Mystery! Death! Exhumation!" and a nice friend. What's more?
Cheers, Sadami

Dan Kent said...

Well I could do without the exhumation.

Linda Popple said...

Great day! Thanks for sharing!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Mystery, death, and exhumation? That sounds like my kind of movie!! Glad you had a great weekend, my friend. You sure know how to live life right!

David Castillo Starr said...

Art movies are never very good. Sorry I didn't see the watercolor show, but I'll check out the photos

David Castillo Starr said...

that movie doesn't really sound very good, are you certain you liked it?

Celeste Bergin said...

haha, shows you what you know David Starr, it was a really good movie!

Thanks, David, Crimson, Sherry, Linda, Dan and Sadami. Appreciate your comments :)