Friday, August 17, 2012

Thomas Kitts Workshop

This past week I have been in Thomas Kitts' "Plein Air Essentials Workshop". What a week it was! It was blistering hot, but Thomas and a couple workshop participants provided shade for us with 10x10 tents.  I have often heard that Thomas is an excellent (and patient) teacher and he lived up to that reputation. He lectured, he demo-ed, he spent tons of time with each person, he worked through lunch and he answered every question. And, as if that weren't all enough, at the end of the final day he drew lots for us to have a chance to take home one of his great demos. How's this?--*I* won the demo from day one!  I totally LOVED the workshop (slideshow below). If you get a chance to work with Thomas...my recommendation....well, do it!

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Women's Forum Overlook in Corbett, oil on 8x10




9 comments:

John Simlett said...

I loved the slide show - you all looked so happy! Thomas must be really popular.

The 'mood' painting you did a few days ago is so 'Turner-like'... it's my all time favourite of your work, but I must admit today's painting is absolutely brilliant - and such a contrast.

Have a good weekend

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a fun week you had! I loved seeing the slide show, Celeste. This piece you've done is another beauty, different style. Methinks you wear many hats (literally and figuratively)!

hmuxo said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time in this workshop, Celeste...your painting is beautiful.!!

David Castillo Starr said...

Nice painting from the overlook. I wanted to take this workshop, but work got in the way. Good to have your review. I'll get time off when and if he offers another.

David Castillo Starr said...

Is that Paul z in the photos?

Virginia Floyd said...

I loved the slide show, too. Love the tents!

Casey Klahn said...

Wonderful slideshow - sounds like a stupendous experience!

Congrats on winning the artwork!

mary maxam said...

Thanks for the slideshow- looks like a terrific workshop. Nice painting too, lovely blues and close values as they step back into the distance make it really effective.

Kyla Hynes said...

fabulous slide show. great painting as well :) congrats!