Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday--!

This Truck is from my archives. I simply like it. Sometimes a painting just comes together like it painted itself. It was one of those times.

Coffee shops are such a great opportunity to be observant. At times I feel concerned about intruding on someone else's space as I sketch them, but this man was caught up in his worries and certainly wasn't aware of me.   I overheard his conversation and I wondered......just what was his loss? Did he lose a big bet? a wife? did he lose his cleaning deposit? I wished I could ask him. He hung up and stared out the window.

(Top) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Truck from Archives, oil on 9x12 canvas panel
Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Coffee Shop Guy, ink in sketchbook

8 comments:

Libby Fife said...

You should have been the sketch artist in court that captures everyone's expressions. You are really good at this-the little minutes and venues that people experience.

Maritza said...

Me encanta la pintura de la camioneta vieja! Tiene la nostalgia de los años...

Y el dibujo,muy bueno.

Felicitaciones miles!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh boy! I so love antique cars/trucks in paintings. They always immediately grab my interest. This one is glorious, Celeste! I wish I had a gift like a piece painting itself! How wonderful! And now I'm sitting 2,000 miles away from you and worrying over this sad man.

Linda Popple said...

Love your truck painting! The sketch is nice and loose. I'm curious, too, about his loss. He looks worried.

L.W.Roth, said...

He lost his wedding band for real and his wife thinks he did it on purpose:)

I love the car. Good composition, color. It has a lot of character.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

really love your last works, you are a great painter Celeste, always good inspired

Lisa Graham Art said...

Celeste, I love your truck. I really want to paint a Volkswagen Bus with this loose style, but I am not sure I can. I saw a painting of one...a very large work...two years ago and I've wanted to paint it since. I am not sure I will ever get it done.

I admire artists who sketch from life in coffee shops and on buses.

I love your art and your blog, I always feel so inspired when I come here.

Michael Lindstrom said...

Great story about the guy. The mystery and compassion for his struggles really draws a person in and brings life the the sketch.
I remember that truck painting and its a great piece, Celeste!