Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day Two, (Pacific NW Plein Air Competition Event) The Mills Residence, September 1, 2012

.....had a great time today in Hood River! Mrs. Mills is an appreciator and supporter of artists and she allowed all of us to paint wherever we wanted on her property today. There were a lot of scenes to choose from. I wound up at the beautiful creek behind the house. 

...later in the day I did this 2nd oil sketch. The horses had to wonder why they had to share their pastures with all of us. It was a fantastic day! To see a slideshow of Day Two...go HERE.

(Top Photo): Painting, Celeste Bergin, Hood River, oil on 8x8 canvas panel
(Bottom Photo): Oil Sketch, Celeste Bergin, Pasture, oil on 6x8 canvas panel

9 comments:

Sheryl Anthony said...

Amazing paintings. I especially love the creek. Luscious!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Both pieces are quite beautiful, Celeste! I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite of the two...Love that you got to see the horses (or I assume you did) while you were painting too. Sounds like an absolutely marvelous day!

Dean H. said...

Great paintings, Celeste! I esp like the fantastic colors in "Hood River"!

David Castillo Starr said...

That top painting has a jewel quality. Keep them coming. I'll see you tomorrow! I'll bring my painting from last week so we can throw things at it.

L.W.Roth, said...

You came away with two great sketches. It was a great day. Hooray for Mrs. Mills.She's got a beautiful piece of property.

Carrie H. said...

Really great light effects up there. Looks like everyone is having such a good time.

SKIZO said...

Beautiful.Works
Good Creations

Dan Kent said...

Excellent, as always. I just love the first one! The colors and brush strokes are phenomenal.

I truly enjoyed the ride, going with you on the Plein Air Competition - I watched both slide shows. I actually signed up for a plein air competition down here some months ago. After much anxiety about supplies, lack of a prochade box, and stuff, I decided that a competition wasn't a good starting place for my first plein air attempts. That it would be better to go to a noncompetitive plein air gathering. Problem is there has been none since. None. Although I joined the group.

Anyway, my next big gift to myself is a prochade box and tripod. (When I am feeling really generous to myself - I'm cheap.) Can't figure out which one to get though!

Virginia Floyd said...

Both are beautiful! Love the slide show. What a beautiful property.