Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday-Monday

I'm still in the throes of the studio clean-up. I bet I can finish tomorrow! Part of my process involves looking at old pantings and deciding what to do with them. I came across this painting depicting a Portland writer. I think I remember when I first posted it that it was met with mixed reviews.  I nearly sold it once, but the potential buyer decided on something else. I'm partial to it myself, because it's oh so very......Portland.

Painting, Celeste Bergin, Writing in PDX, oil on 16x20 stretched canvas

9 comments:

Lisa Graham Art said...

I have heard of Portland and read much about it and I would have to agree. It's so good to see your art here with a figure...so much life in it...just as much life as the swaying trees in your landscapes.

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
Your each post and work always gives me food for brain. Thank you! (*BTW, I'm wondering how I can sort out accumulating sketch books anyway.)
Cheers, Sadami

John Simlett said...

I think most writers will recognise the pose. A great picture, I think.

Pop over ans=d see my new gallery, when you have a minute

CrimsonLeaves said...

I'm not sure I remember this one but I sure love it, Celeste. He seems an old sea captain to me...Could be in Maine too, or at least in my imagination.

L.W.Roth, said...

What qualities denotes Portland art? I haven't the faintest. This is a lovely painting of a man of letters even if it was painted in Arkansas:-)

Sergio DS said...

A great picture, I often enjoy by your blog.

hmuxo said...

Another wonderful painting, Celeste..

hw (hallie) farber said...

I liked it before and I like it still.

Virginia said...

Hi Celeste,

I really like this painting. The posture of the figure, the colors and the birds in the corner all work together to create a great moody effect. It's great!