Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday report!

This is a painting that I did during the last week that did not make it into a frame. It's not that I don't like it (I do) but, I've moved into the "hmmm" pile for now. (Colors too strident).  To see paintings that DID make it into frames, please come to my receptions at Columbia Art Gallery and Reed College (Vollum Lounge) both on Friday (Information HERE...I'll remind you on Thursday).

It is my tradition to do a "kick" next to the yet-to-be-installed walls at the Columbia Art Gallery. The plein air art goes up tomorrow. I got a sneak preview today. It all looks amaaaazing! yes, that's with 5 a's.

This poofball is why there is cat fur just everywhere at my house. 
That's a frame box she's laid claim to on the desk.

MANY of the outstanding photos on my blog and/or others I help author are taken by "the paparazzi" Dave Burbach. I helped Dave install his show at the West Linn Library today in this excellent conference room. His show will be up until September 28. (The library is so impressive I got an "reciprocal" card here...they have a very nice Art Section).

That is my Tuesday....how was yours?

(Top Photo) Celeste Bergin, Quiet Moment, oil on 8x8 canvas panel

8 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Love the look of you kicking up your heels! LOL I'd probably fall over if I attempted such a feat. LOLOL The venue for your show is beautiful!! I don't find the colors strident at all, but rather soothing...like an early morning walk before the world wakes up. Your cat is gorgeous and I so love that table he's laid claim too. I also deal with the kitty hair.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Why is that painting in the humm pile!? I want it! I've been following your week here and on Facebook. What a lot of work you've done. I'll get over to see the show and Dave's show too. Congratulations!

hmuxo said...

This show of yours looks like its going to be a success..I wish I can make it! love all the great photos, especially the "kick"!! Your work is wonderful, Celeste!!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste,
Hmmmm pile? How about the very, very good pile!
I like this work for so many varied reasons.
Thanks for posting for all to enjoy.
Take care.
Your new art buddy,
Michael

John Simlett said...

You certainly are one busy lady, Celleste. I don't know why this painting makes me smile perhaps its because it seems to be rebellious ... can't beat a bit of rebellion!

All the best with the show!

David Castillo Starr said...

I've been to that Library, I agree it is an unusually appealing place.
The painting is good. I don't understand your issue with it.
You aren't going to get the box back from that cat.

David Castillo Starr said...

I've been to that Library, I agree it is an unusually appealing place.
The painting is good. I don't understand your issue with it.
You aren't going to get the box back from that cat.

David Castillo Starr said...

Oh, and I WILL be at the Friday Reception.