Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday--!

This is a painting that I've submitted into the Pacific Northwest Plein Air Competition and Exhibit. It's from one my all-time favorite spots (Rooster Rock State Park). I love painting the Columbia River and the gorgeous Gorge! I especially like a day like this one...with a sky that has a lot going on in it.  

(To find out more about the Pacific Northwest Plein Air Competition and Exhibit today...go HERE).

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Gorge Morning, oil on 9x12 canvas panel

"Hanging".... at the Gallery

10 comments:

plein air and studio work said...

WOW!!! beautiful movement!!!

Harry Kent said...

You have a real feel for landscape, Celeste. Your love of place shines through, lending a real 'glow'. Great stuff!

John Simlett said...

Oh my Giddy Aunt!! That is fantastic! The way the sky the lake and the land combine to move the eye in a circular direction is amazing ...'Cycle of Nature' or what?

Love it, Celeste, just love it!

John Simlett said...

I missed the chance to say 'Gorge ous'

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a beautiful venue for your exhibit! I so wish I could come out and see it myself.

Oregon is beautiful everywhere...my favorite spots are Portland, Cannon Beach, and I just loved Grants Pass as well.

Love this painting too, Celeste. Another one of those pieces that you can just look at and feel the mood. I love how you manage that all of the time (imbuing mood into your pieces). (I think I used the word "loved" quite a few times. LOL 'T'is true, nonetheless.

Sergio DS said...

A great painting.
Thanks.

Libby Fife said...

Great selection and such a lovely space. Good luck!

hmuxo said...

This is such a beautiful painting, Celeste!! The sky is powerful and beautiful!!

PAMO ART said...

OMG!!! This painting is GORGEOUS!!! As you may know, I follow you via e-mail and I'm in awe of everything you've been doing. You are an AMAZING artist Celeste.
Your creativity is spectacular.
Best wishes for the competition. You've submitted a stellar work.

Virginia Floyd said...

Love the mood of the painting. The gallery exhibit looks awesome!