Sunday, October 28, 2012

"Candlelight Model Session" at Janet's Studio

Happy Sunday!

Janet's daughter Erica was the model at the Candlelight Session tonight at Janet's Studio. (The scheduled model couldn't make it, so Erica filled in). These sessions are held at night, once a month, and they have been going on for about 4 years, I think. (I just got involved recently). The sessions used to involve candles, although they no longer do, the name still sticks.  I did a little color study first (below) and then this portrait. To see what everyone else did....go HERE.

(Top Photo) Painting, Celeste Bergin, Erica, life Session, oil on 12x16 canvas panel

Color study, Celeste Bergin, Erica, life Session, oil on 6x6 canvas panel

7 comments:

Dan Kent said...

Wow! To do such a portrait at a live group session! I'm sure the likeness is excellent because of the pencil sketch by another in your group. And the colors of the skin and hair! I say again -wow!

CrimsonLeaves said...

I like the color study so much and the portrait itself is just beautiful, Celeste. I really wish I knew local artists so I could get more involved.

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful!

Sheryl Anthony said...

How do you get so much painted in one session? Great!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, I admire your versatility, portraits, landscapes, you do it all with great success! Beautiful work, as always!

Jane said...

A beautiful portrait with great contrasts !

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste,
I love the portrait! And I very much enjoy the color study. Both well done! I think the color study is ready for framing. I very like the effects you achieved on this piece.
Paint on!
Michael