Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday!

My art friend Stephanie and I spent the morning at Craig Srebnik's figure demonstration today. He did a wonderful painting and as a bonus we got to see many of his plein air paintings from his recent trip to Paris.
Figures have always been as captivating as landscape to me. The more painting I do, the more that I realize that figure, landscape and still life seem to have many commonalities. To see Craig's demo click HERE.

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Floral, oil on 8x10 canvas panel

10 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Pretty! I've come to really enjoy still lifes, so I know what you are saying about the commonalities.

Anonymous said...

I love these abstract-type flowers. Playful is right!

Sheryl Anthony said...

Sorry, comment is from me, (Sheryl)

L.W.Roth, said...

I had a lot of catching up to do here. Your sketches look great as do your paintings. I like the unfinished flowers further back. I'm starting to like an incomplete look. It's very painterly--but then you are very painterly. That is a handsome basket.

Kristina Sellers said...

This is especially beautiful!

Kristina Sellers said...

This is especially beautiful!

David Castillo Starr said...

dependable, another good flower painting.

Dan Kent said...

Very beautiful colors. Great composition - the scattering of the colors, is to me, just right. In the end, a peaceful, joyful effect.

mary maxam said...

Both this and your current tree post have fantastic edges! I love the moods created here.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks Sherry, Sheryl, Linda, Kristina, David, Dan and Mary!