Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday....!

Today I met up with Quin, Brenda and Dave McBride to "paint urban" at the corner of 34th and Belmont. We painted directly in front of Stumptown Coffee. The yellow sign in my scene read Belmont Inn. I had a car in front of the building, but I scraped it out (because it left before I really got it down). It was fun painting in my spot...although it was chilly standing in the shade. As usual, I see things that need correction and re-stating, I'll leave it and look at it again tomorrow.

We had a steady stream of onlookers and visitors (among them David Burbach and Thomas Kitts). The comment we heard most often today..... "Is this an art class?"

To see what the others painted go HERE.

Oil Study, Celeste Bergin, Belmont Inn, oil on 9x12 canvas panel

17 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
I love colours!!!
Cheers, Sadami

Anonymous said...

Good looking city painting, Celeste!

martinealison said...

Une belle touche, de la sincérité, de la couleur et de la vie, la vraie !
De belles rencontres... On mélange et hop! tout comme un bon gâteau, je le dévore des yeux.
Belle peinture.
Gros bisous à vous.

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:

A nice touch, sincerity, color and life, true!
Nice encounters ... Mixing and presto! like a good cake, I devoured eyes.
Beautiful painting.
Big hugs to you.

(thanks, Martine!!)

CrimsonLeaves said...

I love the softness of this city corner, Celeste. It lends a quaintness rather than a sense of busyness. Your perspective immediately drew my eyes; what a magnificent job you did with it!

Virginia Floyd said...

Nice! I love that yellow sign.

Ralph said...

Celeste I love this painting. I think it is the almost abstract nature of it that I find so catching.

Chris said...

Absolutely love this-the design, the colors, and your impression of an urban scene.

B Boylan said...

Love the playful color choices in this Celeste. What a fun day painting urban.

John Simlett said...

I love the geometry, the symmetry, which the cables then disrupts..

Now I don't want you to think that I'm learning about painting (heaven forbid :0)) ... but ... do I see a touch of Hensche creeping into your work

Am I right or am I right?

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste!
Love the colors! Love the colors! Did I say I love the colors!
Very nice!
Michael

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste!
Love the colors! Love the colors! Did I say I love the colors!
Very nice!
Michael

hmuxo said...

Love this Cityscape, Celeste! Nice colors!!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Like Michael, I love the colors..

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks, Sadami, Anonymous, Martine, Sherry, Ralph, Chris, Brenda, Jon, Michael, hmuxo, and Hallie!

Dan Kent said...

I'm working on one now a lot like this. I am attracted to all of the angles and shapes. It has great expressionist color.

David Castillo Starr said...

why don't I get word about these paint out dates? This is my neighborhood. I like the painting!