Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday!

The "Rain or Shine" paint out at the Monastery was today. I was the first one there and set up on the corner across the street. As I was setting up I invited two young artists to paint. (I hope the Moms can forgive the paint they got on their sleeves and in their hair!)  I changed locations when it started raining hard. I didn't have an umbrella and I had a hard time getting my wet paint to stick to the surface. To add to my troubles, my battery gave out in my camera (which is a disaster of epic proportions), but luckily the paparazzi showed up. Some of us went to lunch at Ya Halas and Susan Danielski with St. Andrews gave us a special tour of the chapel. A great day!

To see what the others did and a slideshow of the day....go HERE.



(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Bell Tower in the rain, oil on 6x6 canvas panel
(Bottom Photos) Young artists join in!

10 comments:

Sheryl Anthony said...

I love this, celeste. You really caught the rain-y-ness. is that a word? Great that the youngsters stopped by!

Sheryl Anthony said...

p.s. was it cold? it looks cold!

David Castillo Starr said...

AW, the little boys!
I like the simplicity of this rainy tower

Lisa Graham Art said...

How wonderful...the painting and the day you had with these youngsters...boy are they sweet!

CrimsonLeaves said...

You may well have given at least one of the boys a life long passion, Celeste. A brilliant move and one so full of warm heart. Love the chapel and the pink I see. It looks and sounds like a great day indeed!

L.W.Roth, said...

Even rain did not get in your way. Considering the conditions, great work. The kids looked like they got into it too. SP's painting is outstanding for standing out there in the rain.

Linda Popple said...

Lovely, Celeste!

Page Railsback said...

Lovely Celeste

Dan Kent said...

You've been replaced! Good you got something out of the day besides wet clothes. I like the Milton Avery colors.

Dan Kent said...

You've been replaced! Good you got something out of the day besides wet clothes. I like the Milton Avery colors.