Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Monday!

I've been painting for the upcoming Holiday Treasures show at Columbia Art Gallery. This is one that I may put in. I just love the square format. It is painted over a predominately red field. The red beneath makes the green read as a rich green. 

Some recent photos:

Speaking of red, I was taken with these bar stools at Songbird, a new-ish neighborhood bar/restaurant. I wonder if they are comfortable ...? They look great in any case.

The other day I took this photo from the 9th floor of OHSU, No photoshopping, that is the late afternoon sun glinting off the Wells Fargo building.

This afternoon I had pie with Dave G at Shari's today to celebrate his birthday and Veteran's day. Thanks, Dave.......!

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Golden Creek, oil on 8x8 canvas panel

16 comments:

Linda Popple said...

First of all .... I love your painting! The colors are so rich. And secondly .... you are all over the place. I really feel like a fly on the wall and share so many nice things.

Sarah Bachhuber Peroutka said...

Great painting, Celeste! Has a nostalgic kind of feel to it that I respond to with positive emotions.

CrimsonLeaves said...

This is a gorgeous painting, Celeste. Sometimes your pieces have such a sense of history, as though they have been around forever. I know it is your palette but it seems it has that varnish patina of years sans crackelature. (Sorry for that spelling...) Your day sounds wonderful too!

Eden Compton Pastels and Oils said...

Love the painting Celeste! Beautiful color harmony!

Dan Gliubizzi said...

Hi Celeste,
Nice one today, square formats and red ground can be an entire career!! Very rich


Thanks for your comments today!

Kevin Neal said...

The red is a great idea. It makes the painting.

Maritza said...

Esta pintura regala tranquilidad,Celeste! Me encantan los tonos entre sombras.

Abrazos y felicidades, desde Chile!

Lisa Graham Art said...

This is such a pretty painting...I love the softness of the earth on the dirt path. Square paintings are my favorite...I don't know why.

Lovin' those RED bar stools. How fun!

Celeste Bergin said...

Maritza wrote: This painting gives tranquility, Celeste! I love the tones in the shadows.

Hugs and congratulations from Chile!


(Thanks, Maritza!)

hmuxo said...

your painting is SO painterly!! I love it!! Definitely one of my favorites!!

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Celeste, I thoroughly enjoy looking at your paintings, and this one is exceptional. The colors seem vibrant and lush. Fun photos too.

mary maxam said...

Rich indeed! I love this and have a new favorite. (I know I keep repeating myself and keep saying that!)

hw (hallie) farber said...

Did Monday's Creekside have red underpaint also? I love both these landscapes--so calm and inviting.

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

This is so alluring and luminous-puts me in mind of a Dega landscape-hope you don't mind me saying

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Really lovely and serene.
Reminds me of the softness in the works of Marla Baggetta's 100 Variation series.

Chris said...

Love this one Celeste!