Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday

Several years ago I found myself in a few themed shows. These were shows in a beautiful gallery that has since closed. The curator there loved to think up new themes and she had a knack for it. Many of my painting friends weren't fond of painting to other people's ideas, but for myself, the graphic designer in me had a good attitude about assignments.

This painting was probably something that I started on the subject of "Peace". All that remains of this idea is this photo... the painting was undoubtedly painted over. It's kind of good, though...it imparts strength, understanding and equality....a very big idea.

I hope you have a great holiday.....I wish you all friendship and Peace!

(Photo): Idea for a painting, Celeste Bergin, Peace, acrylic on 10x10 canvas (since painted over)

13 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Celeste. I like this and I loved yesterday's Late Night Reader--two very different styles.

CrimsonLeaves said...

I love it, Celeste, and yes it does impart those things. I love how well you do hands!

Maritza said...

LAZOS FRATERNOS; AYUDA,CONSUELO...EL DECIR: "ESTOY AQUÍ.CONTIGO"...

HERMOSO Y EMOTIVO, CELESTE!.

ABRAZOS DESDE CHILE.

Libby Fife said...

There is always something so wonderful about a handshake-very affirming-and a painting of it is just a wonderful idea.

Happy Thanksgiving, Celeste. I am sending you a mental handshake:)

Celeste Bergin said...

Maritza wrote:

Fraternal ties, help, comfort ... SAYING: "I'M AQUÍ.CONTIGO" ... Beautiful, emotional, CELESTE!. HUGS FROM CHILE

(Thanks, Martiza!)

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste!
Great painting!
I like it for so many reasons. Holding hands is certainly are very peaceful thing to do!
When we were very little we always held our friends hands. I wondering how we adults could revisit that gesture.
Have a great holiday!
Paint on!
Michael

Mª Carmen said...

Muy linda obra.Te sigo.Saludos.

Celeste Bergin said...

M Carmen wrote:

Very nice obra.Te sigo.Saludos.

(Thanks, M Carmen)!

John Simlett said...

I hate to say this ...but... the 'strength and equality', when coupled to the painting, made me think of those images of the Eastern Bloc posters.

If you take the politics out of it was a strong message.

Dean H. said...

Wonderful work, Celeste!
Happy Thanksgiving.

hmuxo said...

I love this, Celeste..a simple painting that tells a story...

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks, Hilda, Dean, John, M Carmen, Michael, Maritza, Libby, Sherry and Hallie! Appreciate your comments. John, I'll take it as a compliment that my painting reminds you of those propaganda posters...I absolutely love those (despite the fact they championed Communism). :) They were beautifully designed. Negative or positive is in the eye of the beholder :)
Happy Thanksgiving all!

David Castillo Starr said...

glad you still have the photo of this painting.