Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday!

I went to on open life drawing tonight at Milepost 5 with Stephanie. (Stephanie and I both live in Montavilla and Milepost 5 is nearby). This is probably my best drawing from several that I did during the 2 hour session. I used vine charcoal.

The session was located in the Chapel off of Oregon Street. It looked a little spooky and Stephanie and I wondered out loud about ghosts. (Before it became Milepost 5 the building was originally a nursing home). 

The model was located in the altar-area of the chapel under a bunch of blue lights. Some cast members were rehearsing in the theater adjacent to our drawing session. Every now and then an actor let out a big old blood curdling scream. Even though we were warned about it ahead of time, getting used to that took awhile. At the end of the evening, we decided for sure... it was a good space, a good model and well, the screaming and blue lights lent a certain cachet to the whole thing. We decided to come back when they do this again next month

(Top Photo): Drawing: Celeste Bergin, Life Model, charcoal on 18x24 paper



8 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Screams sound like a very unnerving accompaniment for drawing. You did well in spite of it, though!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Great work, Celeste!! I love the whole spooky aura of your story too. LOL I think those screams would have had that charcoal skittering across the page every time and I wouldn't have ended up with a single effort!

SamArtDog said...

Wow... no errant lines veering off the page. I'm impressed!

Sheryl Anthony said...

LOL! Positively Hitchcockonian

Lisa Graham Art said...

Now that description of artist going their thing while actors scream in the next room creates quite a funny picture in my head! LOL!

Great drawing!

Dean H. said...

Great figure drawing, Celeste!

If it were my drawing, you could see where each scream happened!

hmuxo said...

VERY impressive work, Celeste!! You did an amazing job with this one. I think one scream would have finished me off!! LOL

Dan Kent said...

Lol!! Fine sketch!