Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

The Jane Eyre Painters (Kat Sowa, Za Vue, Jodi Burton, Quin Sweetman and I) have paintings on display beginning January 3 in the Art Gallery at the West Linn Library. Our reception is Sunday, January 13th at 1pm...(I hope you'll come...I'll remind you as the date gets closer).

On today, the last day of 2012, we drove to Rainier to visit with George Broderick. It snowed, we ate lunch, talked about painting and vowed to paint more (in a more disciplined way) in 2013.  (Slideshow below).

"The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows".  ~George William Curtis
(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, The Reader, oil on 16x20 canvas panel

8 comments:

Linda Popple said...

What a talented group! Wish I could come up for the show!

Happy Painting in 2013!!!

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
Nice work1 I love the mood. Happy New Year! A new year begings at a beach in sunshine.
Cheers, wink, wink, Sadami

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I love seeing talent on display. This will be a great show I am sure.


Happy New year, Celeste. Hope it is a fabulous year for you and your art.

CrimsonLeaves said...

I'm beginning to feel as if I know George. He seems like such a good friend! Love the idea of the Jane Eyre group and I really love your painting. Maybe because I have Jane Eyre on the mind but I'm thinking this is Rochester? (Or whatever his name was? LOL)

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Happy New Year Celeste! All the best to you and yours in 2013 and here is to more painting for sure!!

Sheryl Anthony said...

wow, snowy! Love the painting. I remember it.

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Celeste. Love this one.!!

Celeste Bergin said...

Thank you for checking out what I am doing...Linda, Sadami, Julie, Sherry, Cynthia, Sheryl and hmuxo! Now I will be catching up with your blogs. I appreciate your stopping in and leaving a message. :)