Sunday, December 2, 2012

A few photos from........Sunday

Here's a work-in-progress.  I'm taking paintings to the Columbia Art Gallery next Tuesday for their December Holiday Treasures show. This may or may not be done in time. We'll see! 

I met one of my facebook friends in person today. Up until now I've only known "Quaker Abbey" through facebook. She's an author and she writes the best fb posts. Why did I forget my eyeliner?  QA is wearing a scarf that she made herself--I know this--------because of facebook!

Later I went for a walk to McDonalds. It's about a 2 mile walk round trip. I took my sketching supplies and sketched this lady who had a hooded coat bunched up around her head. 

After awhile I just sketched my own tools. 

During the walk I took this photo of the Monastery in my neighborhood. It was rainy today, and dark. This looks like evening, but It was only mid afternoon.

Back at home......Daisy looking all Savoir-faire. 

8 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Your hair looks wonderful! No bangs? How cool to meet an internet friend. I love when that happens. Your painting is looking awesome, Celeste. I love how you handle light.

Sheryl Anthony said...

That painting is looking great. What will you do next to it? You've inspired me to get a sketchbook. I'm not on facebook.

Sheryl Anthony said...

That painting is looking great. What will you do next to it? You've inspired me to get a sketchbook. I'm not on facebook.
P.S. Your cat is so cute, all like Where have you been?

hw (hallie) farber said...

This beautiful painting looks finished to me. Love the drawing of pens and pencils; I often end up drawing staplers, scotch tape, scissors, etc.

Anonymous said...

I like this painting and your photos. Thanks for sharing.

Dan Kent said...

Your work in process is perfect the way it is! But when you keep going, it will be excellent too I am sure, only different. Like a changing sky.

And I have to tell you about my studio (in my home)! I have one now (almost two weeks old). Then I got a computer for it - it turned out to be a lemon, spent hours and hours cleaning the computer and I have to send it back!! Aw well. But now I have space, a drafting table, and room behind my easel. I want to mess it up and then paint the floor! Woo hoo!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Great post! Love your beautiful WIP, sketches, and adorable, Daisy!

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks, Nancy, Dan, Anonymous, Hallie, Sheryl and Sherry! thanks so much for your comments!