Thursday, January 17, 2013

Art-Art-Art!


I brought this painting to today's art discussion meeting. The suggested table-topic today was "color temperature". 

Many of the paintings that showed up served as good examples for our discussion of "warm and cool"**.

After the meeting Carolyn and I went to Butter's Gallery. The paintings have plenty of room to exist in this big open space. 

Here Carolyn is admiring a painting that was painted in reverse on plexiglass.

After going to the Augen, the Froelick and The Contemporary Craft Museum we had lunch at the Davis Street Tavern. Great food in a beautiful space ....and this painting looked exactly right on the main wall. I rounded off the outing by swinging by Dick Blick for some paint and canvases. That was my day.....(pretty good, right?) how was yours??

** To see everyone's paintings from today's meeting, go HERE.

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, At the Easel, oil on 12x12 gessoed paper 


11 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Your day was amazing! Art art art indeed! Have I seen this painting of yours before? I love the action you've put into the artist (whom I see as yourself), an almost excitement in her that I can feel.

Jane said...

Love this painting, great movement and 'simplicity' .

Sandy Sandy said...

What a wonderful day! I love the gesture of your painter, a self-portrait perhaps?

Page Railsback said...

What a wonderful group you guys have. Would love to hear more about the warm/cool. I want to be in the group....if only

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Celeste!! Another wonderful day!!

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

The paint has beautifull light really great

Sheryl Anthony said...

I like this painting of you. It is you, right?

Carolyn Rondthaler said...

It was a great day, Celeste...always is with you. I liked that we got in some abstract stuff as well as the plein air and figures. That painting in the Davis St. place was, as you say, perfect for the setting. I am not feeling it was of you...not by you...but sort of "like you." It topped off a lot of good art exposure.

Sheryl Anthony said...

What an outstanding day! Take me along next time.

David Starr said...

How simply you paint. No fuss! Beautiful.

Helen Moreda said...

What a generous posting. I loved looking at the links. Your painting is such a wonderful example of the power of value. I love the white next to the black. Lovely, loose painting.