Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday (at Studio 30)


This morning I joined others for the still life session at Studio 30. The way it works is that each artist can chose an existing still-life set up, or create a new one of their own. I painted atop the painting I started last week. The flowers had been moved from the week before, but I stayed with the original design, re-stated the pot, painted the background and added some highlights.  In the afternoon session we painted a partially nude model. She was super-pretty with kind of a regal bearing.

We had an "after painting-get together" too. To see all the paintings everyone else did, along with a slideshow of the day....go HERE.

(Top photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Sunflowers, oil on 9x12 canvas panel
(Bottom photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Life Session, oil on 16x20 stretched canvas

11 comments:

John Simlett said...

You certainly lead a full 'art-filled' life, Celeste. Great work, and it's also nice to peep at what the others painted too.

Have a great weekend!

I've started my new project - just posted a WIP

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh these are just so good, Celeste! I wish I had the friends and connections in the art world around me here. I think it would lend so much to productivity and experience. As always, your work just pleases the eye and the soul.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste!
These last few posts are certainly some of the reasons why I love your art! It is so difficult for me to adequately express so much that is good about your work. I think the best thing I could write it that your art speaks for itself and it says many great and different things!
Art on Celeste and thank you for sharing your work!
Your art buddy,
Michael

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful, Celeste!

Sheryl Anthony said...

I very much envy this Studio 30 situation! It doesn't appear to fall on the day that I can attend. Great results in both paintings.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Love the top flowers especially as I can't paint them for a month due to the 30 in 30 day challenge. . Your perfect value changes in the yellows are what art is all about for me, Celeste. I love it.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I like the way that sunflower is reaching--and the portrait is amazing.

Linda Popple said...

Both paintings are really fantastic! The woman's hair is amazing ... love her curls. Always a treat to visit your blog!

Victor Errington said...

Super paintings Celeste.
I especially love the flowers. Full marks here. All the best.
Vic.

Dan Kent said...

Love those high key flowers! Just beautiful. And the portrait is mighty fine.

hmuxo said...

The flowers are outstanding, Celeste. I love the light shining on it....and you did a wonderful job on the model...she's beautiful.