Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday!

I painted this quite a long time ago....I resurrected it from storage and was planning to put it into the Jane Eyre exhibit. It looked good in a bronze frame. There wasn't enough room for it in the show, however, so back to storage it went. I've always liked it, because of how mysterious it is. Who is that guy? Who is she? What are they talking about? It was painted from a photo reference.

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Conversation (2009), oil on 9x12 canvas panel

10 comments:

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Such a story - I love paintings where i can use my imagination. Love this Celeste and I see some of your lovely loose painting strokes in it too.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh I am so reminded of Renoir in this piece...same type of thoughts arise as when I look at his pieces. I am also reminded of that movie with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour where he travels through time and falls in love with her from a long gone era. Are they on a ship? What ARE they talking about? So pretty, my friend!

Kathy said...

I agree with Julie, and I like the mystery of this piece.

Lisa Graham Art said...

This is so pretty Celeste...and Jane Eyre is my favorite book! Maybe there will be another opportunity to show it.

Linda Popple said...

It is mysterious and I like that. Your soft edges are beautiful.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I've always liked this one, too. Very mysterious.

Sheryl Anthony said...

It looks like she is innocent and he is not.

Marty Tassoni said...

Looks like Van Gogh to me, maybe just before he cut off his ear as a result of the lady commenting on how bad he smells.

hmuxo said...

I missed this one...LOVE IT..!!!! Another favorite....

Dan Kent said...

Of all your work I think I like the figurative the best. I'm partial to stories. Then again tomorrow when facing one of your landscapes or still lifes I could change my mind.