Saturday, January 26, 2013

Art friends

 I got to have brunch with art friends Michael Orwick, Randall David Tipton, Carol Marine, Sarah Sedwick and Annie Salness in Salem today. We each shared things we've recently been doing. 
(Photo: Michael on left, Randall on right)

Here's the irrepressible Carol Marine. She showed us a quilt that she made (beautiful!) and a recent rose painting. 

Sarah showed us a wonderful figure painting and explained she painted it quickly after painting the same model carefully during two previous sessions. 

Here Carol and Annie check out one of Randall's paintings. 

We scouted the Minto-Brown Island Park as a possible future plein air spot.   ..... It was a great Saturday! 
(l to r) Michael, Carol, Sarah, Randall & Annie

(More photos in the slideshow below):

12 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a fun Saturday you had!! I so wish I had local art buddies.

Annie Salness said...

It was wonderful! Uhhhh.... where is your picture? :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun art-gathering! Wish I was there!

Sheryl Anthony said...

Celeste, Carol Marine is one of my heros. I started painting because of her! I didn't know you know her. I hope to meet her one day. Looks like a great outing.

John Simlett said...

Looks like you had a great day, Celeste.

hw (hallie) farber said...

What a great brunch--and I spotted desserts.

Pam Holnback said...

What a great group!

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks for the comments...Sherry, Annie, Anonymous, Sheryl, John, Hallie and Pam. Annie, I added a slideshow...and my picture is in there!
:)

Carol Marine said...

It was fabulous seeing everyone and talking art for the whole morning! Can't wait to do it again!

Dean H. said...

You sure hang out with the "IN" crowd, Celeste! A fine bunch of talent!
Loved the colors in your painting!

mary maxam said...

Big envy for what sounds like an excellent day! A great bunch indeed!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

This looks like fun! What a great way to get together! Thanks for sharig!