Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday

No painting today. This was painted last Friday at Studio 30. I painted it in a huge hurry, making up for lost time because I had arrived late. Despite the fact it is dashed out, it has some redeeming qualities. It's not resolved, however, so I wind up calling these "studies" and that's that. (It's like sketching...in oil and it's still definitely still time well spent).

This afternoon, just for a lark, (and because the weather is chilly) I ordered a fancy drink at Albina Press. It is amazing how the barista fills the cup up to the tip-top of the rim. I had to walk like a bomb squad-er to get it to the table safely.


(Top Photo) Oil Study, Celeste Bergin, Paint tube and bowl, oil on 6x6 canvas panel
(Bottom Photos) Mocha at Albina Press

11 comments:

mary maxam said...

Time very well spent... Beautiful rich color and brushwork! That latte looks pretty great too!

B Boylan said...

Hi Celeste,
I really like this "study" even though I'd call it done because it's fresh & exciting. I got a latte today too, but it wasn't pretty like the one shown. Sip sipp!

Paula Kuitenbrouwer said...

Good metal texture suggestion in the upper drawing with the orange reflection bouncing around.
Too pretty to drink that coffee!

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
Take it easy. Enjoy life!!
Best wishes, Sadami

CrimsonLeaves said...

Redeeming qualities indeed. I really like it though I honestly am not able to express why. The bold brush strokes, the palette, the composition...it just all comes together in a way that I admire and one that makes me wonder at what is cooking over there.

Ralph said...

Just so love that picture of you with that cup. The rushed painting is very good and much more than just a study.

Libby Fife said...

Always love the little designs on top of the coffee. (Almost as much as the blessed coffee itself!)

Linda Popple said...

I like the looseness in your painting!
Your coffee looks too pretty to drink ..... almost! :)

art by Michael Perchard said...

Hi Celeste!
I love your "Studies!"
Good for you having a hot drink and not spilling any!
I love winter in New England because that is when I get a chance to really enjoy hot soup, chowdha, and tea!
I agree with Mary, "Time well spent!"
Paint on!
Your art buddy,
Michael

Dan Kent said...

Mighty neat quick painting! And excellent balance!

David Starr said...

let's have a coffee and sketchbooks meetign