Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wed-nes-day!

We hung the Jane Eyre Painters show today at the West Linn Library. This is one of the paintings I chose to put in.  It's entitled: "The Critics".

Earlier in the day I went to Za's house. Check out the drawing she did directly on her window. Za is wildly talented. I love how the image looked together with the building across the street.

Our work is displayed in the Library Conference Room which doubles as their Art Gallery.

We liked how it turned out...can you come to our reception?

Here was another highlight of my day. (Click to enlarge image above). I was included on the "short list" of contenders for the Making a Mark The Painting a Day Stickability Shield ("for daily painters who maintain a consistently high output of consistently good quality paintings over the course of the year and set a good example to others"). Carol Marine is the winner...(and, I certainly get THAT!)  I am very happy to have been nominated.  Thanks so much to Jeanette Jobson, for the nomination and to Katherine Tyrrell, (author of Making a Mark). 

Come to the Lane Gallery First Friday Reception on January 4 beginning at 6pm. I have several paintings in "Being There". (Address in sidebar)

The show at the West Linn Library officially opens tomorrow, January 3.  (Click image to enlarge) Our Reception is Sunday, January 13, 1-5pm.  (Address in sidebar)

.....Did you have an artful day? :)

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, The Critics, oil on 9x12 canvas panel

9 comments:

Sheryl Anthony said...

I appreciate "The Critics". Isn't that the truth? Everyone has an opinion. Congratulations on your shows and being mentioned in the Making a Mark blog. I agree, you completely qualify!

John Simlett said...

I remember 'The Critics!'

Making a Mark :) :) :)

A great post this one, Celeste. One day Pat and I will walk into one of your shows!!

I'm really into my new project ... it's going to be a long one though!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Love the couple of days worth of work I missed, Celeste. I so would love to have that murder mystery house. You can design a house for me anytime! As always you managed a great mood to the piece. Congratulations on being considered for the Making the Mark blog awards. Katherine does tons of work for that blog and it is always an interesting read.

Casey Klahn said...

You are busy with exhibits! Best wishes for these, and I really get a kick out of the critics. The figures absorb all available light, and the paintings create light.

Quin Sweetman said...

Yay, Celeste! You and your blog are amazingly inspiring. Congratulations!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Wow--what a start for 2013. Good luck with all these shows--love these paintings.

Caio Fern said...

I do like everything on this post.
woderful painting.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks, Sheryl, John, Sherry, Casey, Quin, Hallie, and Caio! I very much appreciate your comments :)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

My, but you DO get a lot done, Celeste! I love seeing all you are involved in. Your "Critics" piece is quite intriquing.