Saturday, February 2, 2013

Friday!

We had a male model today at Studio 30. His face was in shadow. I started my painting over a couple of times, but in the end I was satisfied that I got some things right. To see what all the other painters did...go HERE.

I also made a 2nd pass on this still life from last week. It was a great day of painting! 

At the very end of the day I went to Michael Lindstrom's Solo Show reception. He had more red dots  than I've ever seen. I think he sold practically everything! It is a really big thrill to see our good friend Lindy knock it out of the park! Yay, Lindy! (His show is through March at Art on the Boulevard).

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Life model, oil on 16x20 stretched canvas
(Center Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Phase 2 Still Life, oil on 16x20 stretched canvas
(Bottom Photo) Victoria & Michael Lindstrom

9 comments:

Polly Birchall said...

Lovely painting, the light is superb

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a gorgeous still life!! I love how this came out and have to say it is right up there amongst my faves. I like the model's pose and the way you've handled that piece too. It sounds like it was an awesome day!

hmuxo said...

I like this portrait very much...and it's always interesting to see how everyone else does. Your still life is coming along beautifully, Celeste!

Kevin Weaver said...

Sorry I didnt get a chance to talk with you last night Celeste...it was so busy! At the end of the night 17 of Michael's paintings had sold...quite the night! Thank you for coming out to see the show, Lindy put together an incredible body of work and I'm so proud of him and happy that his show was so well recieved. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sheryl Anthony said...

Michael's show looks great and I love your portrait.

Anonymous said...

I like that one section of golden hair in the portrait. Nicely done.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I really like this portrait. I visited yesterday, then checked out Michael's paintings. I forgot to come back and leave a comment.

L.W.Roth, said...

Your paintings look like you're having a prosperous time soaking in new ways of thinking. That is a great thing to see a lot of little red dots, Congratulations to Lindy from Linda

art by Michael Perchard said...

Love the colors in the still life.
Also love the look you created on the models face.
Both wonderful art works.
Michael