Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

The painting above is one that I showed at the art discussion breakfast meeting at O'Connors this morning (the topic today was RED). It's a plein air from a couple of summers ago in Hood River. 

I had the #3 breakfast (always great). To see what everyone brought in ....go HERE.

Thursday evening I met with Columbia River Art Group. 
Cam Morrison is taking a class with Jerry Sumpter

Nila suggested we look at the plein air frames at ASW.

I asked Lindy about what he uses for varnish. This is the one he likes.

The serious art talk often winds up like this! 

I (or should I say my signature) got a cool mention on Annie Salness' blog...swing by to read her Valentine's day post HERE.

I hope you are having a great day! Happy Valentine's Day to all my art friends, near and far! 

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Hood River Cottage, oil on 8x8 canvas panel

8 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!!!!!

Dan Kent said...

You guys..;) Well that's a fun day! You know when your signature becomes more valuable then you, you are famous. You must be famous then! Congratulations on your fame and happy valentine's day!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Thank you, thank you--I looked at all the paintings and read your notes.

I loved Wednesday's Heifer!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Sweet Hood River painting, Celeste! That red against the green really makes it sing.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh! Those book shelves! I'm drooling out loud. Now I just have to go see your mention on the blog! Congratulations on that (and before I even read it, let me say that I love the way your sign your pieces)!

Sheryl Anthony said...

Something is plenty funny in the last photo! I wish I were there laughing it up with you guys!

Beautiful plein air painting.

Michael Lindstrom said...

Great post Celeste! Dave, awesome photos, i especially like the pic of Cam! It was a great meeting and i always look forward to our lively discussions that are filled with insight and good times.

Anonymous said...

Great post! The green building and red umbrellas looks inviting