Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday!

Here is another practice painting keying off of Julie Ford Oliver's Artbyte tutorial. (Great fun!) I took this painting to our art discussion meeting today. (To see what everyone else brought...go HERE).

Last night Dave and I were treated to a wonderful evening.  Gary Everest and his wife Michele Vagnerini hosted a lovely dinner party in their home (in downtown Portland). Pictured above (L to R) Michele and Gary, Margret Short, Dave Short, Pat Demartini, me and Dave.

(Gary and Pat)

Gary is a portrait artist and we got to see his most recent paintings. All met with approval, but we especially loved his portrait of Pat!
Sad to say Gary and Michelle are moving from Portland....(but happy to say they are moving to Hawaii). Gary promises to keep blogging! I got a wonderful painting from him....I'll be updating my blogpost "Art that I Own" with his painting soon. It's a treasure!)

Here are some views from Gary and Michelle's front room.
(This is the KOIN tower)







13 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Celeste,
Great post and pass along to Dave, how impressed we are with his outstanding photography.
It was great fun to have you and Dave and our other guests visit as we wind down our time in Portland.
Hope we see you in Hawaii!!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Spectacular views of Portland at night!
and I really like the technique used in the pear painting

martinealison said...

Une très jolie publication... Une soirée qui fut sans doute très agréable.
De belles couleurs dans votre dernière peinture.
Gros bisous

CrimsonLeaves said...

I like that you are keeping that Bergin style even while using the fracturing techniques! Your evening out looks like it was fabulous and look at those gorgeous views! I hope that Gary and his wife enjoy Hawaii...

Libby Fife said...

Fabulous views and what looks like a lovely dinner party. Can't wait to see that portrait.

I wonder if they have some room in their suitcase for me? LOL:)

hmuxo said...

Looks like you had a wonderful dinner party with your friends, Celeste...amazing pictures....
Your painting is SO beautiful!! You're doing so well with the fracturing...Julie will love this one!! I know I do!!!

Kevin Neal said...

Have only a moment this morning but had to comment. Great stuff...

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:

A beautiful publication ... An evening that was very nice.
Beautiful colors in this last painting.
Kisses

_________
Thanks, Martine!

Lisa Graham Art said...

Your fractured painting is excellent...love that green!

Such a joy to see all of you in this photo...isn't blogging awesome? I am not sure I could give up that apartment (the view!) the way Gary is...but then again he is giving it up for Hawaii. Probably a good trade.

Linda Popple said...

Love your fractured painting! You really mastered that technique.

The views of Portland are just gorgeous!

Ann said...

Hi Celeste, I'm new to your blog, and wanted to tell you that I think you've done a fabulous job with the fracturing technique! The colors in your pear painting are so vivid and interesting to look at. Just wonderful!

SamArtDog said...

Your pear really fracks me up! Very brave of you. I tried
fracturing some acrylic; talk about giving up control!

art by Michael Perchard said...

The reds are the best!
Love all your latest works. (Your earlier works also!)
The reds are fantastic!
Michael