Saturday, March 9, 2013

Friday at Studio 30...with bonus Surprise Party

I painted in two sessions today at Studio 30.... and I was completely unaware while I painted our beautiful be-flowered model that my artist pals had hatched a secret party......for me!

I was flabbergasted!...you see, the message I received was that they appreciate the volunteer work that I do, (but it's never seemed much like work to me)!....I confess, however, that it sure was about the coolest thing EVER to have a party. I'm still pretty speechless--thanks to everyone!!

To see what the rest of the artists painted today, together with a slideshow of the day....go HERE

(Top photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Life model, oil on 16x20 stretched canvas
(Middle photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Still life, oil on 8x8 canvas panel
(Bottom photo) some of my surprise-party merrymakers

14 comments:

John Simlett said...

Good for your friends, Celeste, hope you enjoyed the surprise party.

Love your two paintings, the model looks slightly Ukrainian.

I'm back in the blogging mode again!

Libby Fife said...

An exotic costume for your model! Very lovely.

Congratulations on your surprise party. Everyone should be rewarded for volunteering:)

CrimsonLeaves said...

It is so wonderful to be appreciated for who you are, Celeste! Congratulations on that and count me amongst your friends, fans, and admirers! Love the paintings, especially the flower bedecked model!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Love, love, love the still life with the fabulous paint surface.
The party is an indication of true friendship and appreciation for the thoughtful and generous person you are. It shines through in your posts and comments on the many other blogs you follow. I know I care for you and love your work.
Thank you for the time and effort you put into your blog.

hmuxo said...

The nicest thing that can happen is for one to feel appreciated and for them to give you a party was SO nice of them.
Your painting is beautiful...I enjoy seeing how everyone else did..thank you for sharing, Celeste...they all did a wonderful job.

David Starr said...

Both such solid paintings and what an interesting model! I enjoyed the slideshow of your party. Allow me to echo your friend's sentiments...you mean a lot to all of us!

SamArtDog said...

Assume that all of your pals out here in the blogosphere would, if we could, squeeze our butts into bits to be there with you to celebrate.
Thanks for your generosity!

M. J. Muir said...

What a lovely and happy post.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, Wow! sounds like a much deserved reward! Congratulations, you earned it! Beautiful work , as always!

Dan Kent said...

Love your loose flowers! I am amazed you have time to volunteer with all of the painting you do. Congratulations!

hw (hallie) farber said...

So nice that your fellow painters honored you with a party. All the paintings are terrific.

Page Railsback said...

Congrats Celeste..You do give so much to us...we want to be part of your appreciators too

Jane said...

Two gorgeous paintings !

B Boylan said...

That was a fun party Celeste, and it was fun being "in" on the secret! Glad you didn't leave!