Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday!

This painting is an experiment in thick paint. I didn't paint it today,  I painted it awhile back from a previous oil study.

Today Dave and I took a drive. There was so much traffic on the Scenic Highway we had to drive at a snails' pace past Horsetail Falls (giving me the opportunity to stick my camera out the window to take this photo).

Before we knew it, we found ourselves in Hood River, so of course, we had to stop at the Columbia Art Gallery. We saw the Gorge Artist's Tour Preview Show and Karen Watson was there. She did these pastel demos earlier in the day. Her paintings laying in a huge box of pastels was a visual treat! 

 This is Karen...(she was manning the Gallery too).

I meant to paint outdoors somewhere during our outing...but I just didn't land on a spot. At the end of the day I dumped out my plein air backpack. Moofie thought he would be of help by sitting in the center of it. Yeah, very helpful, Moofie!

Hey, how is your weekend going?

(Top Photo)

8 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Now that sounds like a day I might have had, except haven't had one in awhile. I would have loved to have been along for the ride too, my friend.

Libby Fife said...

That is some gorgeous color with those pastels! And cats are very, very helpful aren't they?

Good weekend so far-a little dithering on the painting but I hope to overcome that:)

Sheryl Anthony said...

oh my, I like those bold brushstrokes. What a good overall day, with plenty of visual proof.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

The big, juicy stroke of paint in your sky gave me goose bumps. I live for those moments. Thanks, Celeste, I love it.

AK said...

Love the bold strokes and the texture created by the thick paint.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Beautiful painting--I've never tried thick paint; it is luscious. Compared to yours, my weekend was a dud.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks Sherry, Libby, Sheryl, Julie, AK, and Hallie! appreciate your stopping by and leaving a comment. Now I am off to see what you're up to!

Chris Lally said...

Tim and I were hiking above Hosetail at Ponytail Falls on Saturday. Must have just missed you! Oh, and your painting rocks, as usual!