Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday!

Happy Sunday! I made some adjustments to this painting that I did in December. I also went to the Doll Gardner Gallery for the "Jane Eyre" reception. Always great to see everyone---thanks for coming out!

(L to R) Diane Marks-Bestor, Kate, Me, Quin Sweetman  and Karen Van Hoy (in the back). The show remains up throughout March (address and info in sidebar). Jane Eyres not pictured: Jodi Burton, Joanne Kollman & Kat Sowa

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Snow Field II, oil on 8x8 canvas panel


7 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Have to say that I just love this winter scene, Celeste. I really do not know how you infuse mood into all your pieces. I really don't and you are one of the few painters I see who manages it almost every time. This is just so beautiful!! Hushed...time for reflection...

Lisa Graham Art said...

What a gorgeous painting...the colors are perfect and I could stare at it for a long time. It's one of those paintings you know would be even better in person.

L.W.Roth, said...

You do take to snow scenes much better than I do. Very nice. Appropriate palette.

Katharine A. Cartwright said...

Your painting is very much like a Turner. Splendid!

SamArtDog said...

Mmmm... a nice quiet abstraction. Sweet.

Dean H. said...

I like the composition and values on this one ,Celeste!

Sheryl Anthony said...

I do love that painting! Always good to see you and your painting friends.