Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday at Studio 30

We had a beautiful African-American model at Studio 30 today...everyone loved painting her!

At the end of the session I took all my still life paintings out of my locker (where I dry them..in the hall).  I planned to load them in the car and take them home, but Za convinced me to line them up first for a "little talk". (Translation: Za, Quin and Pam told me what they liked about them--and--boom!-- what they didn't like about them). 

Well, watch out if they ever ask you to stay after hours... They are the like the Charlie's Angels of painting critique-ers! I survived ....but just barely.

(Top Photo): Painting, Celeste Bergin, Life Model, oil on 12x16 canvas panel

(To see what all the other artists did today....go HERE).

11 comments:

lilasvb said...

each year i am modeling for painters i enjoy this quiet time

CrimsonLeaves said...

I have so little confidence in myself that I just couldn't have managed a critique session! LOL They look fabulous all lined up together like that. What a nice grouping they would all make on some nice empty wall!

The portrait is beautiful, Celeste! I was reminded of Nefertiti's bust that I so often see. Classic beauty!

Libby Fife said...

Wow! Beware! LOL:) Nice though to get some feedback from friends.

Sheryl Anthony said...

I love the portrait and it is always fun to see what the other artists did too. The Charlie's Angels would have an awful lot to say to me!

Linda Popple said...

Nice portrait. She is a lovely model. As always I enjoy all your photographs. I feel virtually part of the group!

Dan Kent said...

Yikes!! Glad you survived..but the place to get advice is certainly from talented painters like these.

Very nice portrait - love the profile.

And I love those cat pictures! Keep them coming. Especially that high key one. I have drawn my own (before your obsession) - one that will be colored one of these days. Not the first time I included cats in my pictures. I have no idea why - I have no cat, and never have. But definitely brings pictures to life. Maybe because they are so human.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Gosh, those Charlie's Angels look serious--glad you survived. Love your painting.

Anonymous said...

Good portrait! Did you see the portrait convention blogppost on un derpaintings?
It is nice that your friends discussed your works with you. I want good friends like this.

Polly Birchall said...

Your painting of this model is lovely. The light on her face delightful.

David Starr said...

Can I get the critiquers to analyze me? Good portrait. But wait. What did they think of it?

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste!
I love your versatility!
The light on the face is fabulous!
Nice.
Michael