Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday!

I am super happy to be in Eric Bowman's two-day figure workshop at Hansen's studio this weekend.  He gave a demonstration and then we did our own starts and studies from photos for the rest of the day. The time went by so fast! We all get to return tomorrow. To see a slideshow about today's workshop...go HERE.

Oil Study: Celeste Bergin, figure from photo reference, oil on 11x14 vellum

I like this photo that Dave took Friday at Studio 30. I'm in the hall on the right taking photos for the blog while others are packing up to leave. (It is great fun to be the one taking the photos! In case you are interested, I use a Canon Powershot S95).

Ok now...that's me...what's going on with you? 


9 comments:

Polly Birchall said...

This is a wonderful study you have done. Sounds like a really good workshop

CrimsonLeaves said...

Love what you've painted; a great pose she had too! Now that is what I'd call a purely functional studio!

martinealison said...

Une sacrée journée pour vous ma chère qui va déboucher sur une autre nouvelle belle aventure artistique...
Merci pour le partage photographique.
Une belle oeuvre avec ce dos féminin...
Gros bisous à vous

Karen Boe said...

Well today I'll be in Eric Bowman's workshop for round 2! :) So great to finally meet you, Celeste - see you soon! Loved what you did yesterday, btw.

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:

A sacred day for you my dear will lead to another new artistic adventure ...
Thank you for sharing photographs.
A beautiful work with this female back ...
Big kisses to you

(Thanks Martine!)

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful study! I looked at Bowman's work and love it. How fortunate to be in his workshop.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Last few posts were great!
Nice work on the model! Great colors and love the angle of the back!
Hope your car is better soon!
Also love the flowers!
Michael

Dean H. said...

A wonderful figurative...those hands are done JUST right, Celeste! And hands can be really challenging!

dorothy byers lorenze said...

I love your figure study! How long did it take? It looks so fresh!

I've moved my "studio" into the family room this weekend to paint a still lofe with the painted brick chimney in the background. What a mess!