Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday!

I painted this today in the afternoon. It didn't photograph exactly right, but I'm pretty happy with it and I'll take another photo tomorrow.

Earlier in the day Dave and I decided to go out to the Gorge Artists Open Studios
We visited with Cathleen Rehfeld.

Here she is, painting her beautiful paintings in her studio. 

The Oregonian Arts & Entertainment section featured Cathleen's painting in an article about the Gorge Artists Tour. Very cool!

 Next stop was Elizabeth See's 1930's cabin/studio on Orchard Road. 
(Elizabeth and I have shown together at Lane Gallery)

Elizabeth's great grandfather was an artist, and he used this same cabin/studio.

Elizabeth's paintings were displayed inside and out.

While visiting Elizabeth, I had the great pleasure of running into another great friend (NancyRussell)! 
(L to R, Nancy, me and Elizabeth)

It was a beautiful day! Hope yours was as fun too!
(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Sunday Afternoon, oil on 8x8 canvas panel

14 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Love the depth the clouds have in them and give to the sky as a whole, Celeste. Beautiful! Looks like it was an awesome spring day too. Love that cabin studio, by the way, and how lucky to have a studio in which your grandfather painted too. Cathleen sure has a cute figure!

Libby Fife said...

Another great day! Love the idea of that cabin too. I bet it can be quite cozy in the winter.

Page Railsback said...

Such great art community you have. Love your dread locked guy portrait and your landscape

hmuxo said...

A beautiful painting, Celeste...the
sky is amazing!!! So powerful!

Lisa Graham said...

I love your painting Celeste...it is so colorful...the green is so crisp. But even with this more vibrant color, your painting has the usual soothing effect. I love your landscapes, they always make me want to walk and go places.

Now following Cathleen. :)

Linda Popple said...

I always enjoy visiting your site and looking at your paintings and photos! Thanks for sharing your day!

L.W.Roth, said...

It is such fun seeing different artist's studios. I especially liked the log cabin in the woods and how she displayed her art. I suspect that was her shop as well?

Dan Kent said...

Your works in the last 4 or 5 posts have been wonderful! The last several - so vibrant and such energy in the strokes! Beautiful!

Please excuse my absence - much has been happening in the non-virtual world lately that has been disruptive to my art, my blogging and my blog visits. This too shall pass...

Cathleen Rehfeld said...

Thank you Celeste for coming!!! Beautiful photos, it really captures the feeling!

John Simlett said...

You've been visiting again and enjoying yourself. I love the idea of generations using the same studio ...that's real values!

Here it is warm with blue skies and sunshine wall to wall. It had to happen one day!

Nice post!

Barbara Pask said...

Beautiful painting, love that sky. Sounds like a great trip.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

What a fun day! Love you clouds painting, just beautiful!

mary maxam said...

You are just so unafraid- with the gorgeous and intense blues behind the warm clouds...great!

hw (hallie) farber said...

What a great post. Love the clouds in your painting and in the photo. Interesting and neat studios.