Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday!

Yes, cats are turning up in my work a lot lately. I have my reasons! This painting, entitled "Almost Home" is offered for auction at this year's Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon benefit/auction at the Portland Art Museum.  All the attendees of the gala benefit will have the opportunity to bid on (and win) the painting. The "Furball" is a popular event hosted by Meterologist Matt Zaffino. The event is May 4. To learn more, go HERE.

The Feral Cat Coalition is one of my favorite ("pet") organizations (pun intended). My policy is that I donate to two non-profits per year. Here are some great tips about Donating to Fundraisers (reprinted from FidelisArt; click to enlarge):




.......are you still reading? Yay! I went to the art meeting at O'Connors today (and it so happens...I took yet another cat painting!) to see it and all the other art that showed up for discussion....go HERE.

(Painting): Celeste Bergin, Almost Home, Acrylic on 40x30 gallery wrapped canvas


14 comments:

Sadami said...

~(*o*)~ ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ

CHRIS MURRAY said...

Love your painting and thanks for the excellent advice.

Linda Popple said...

Love your painting ...... SO colorful! Good cause, too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for donating this painting! It is wonderful.
I want it!

Susan Foster-Burns

CrimsonLeaves said...

I do like this piece so much, though a different style than usual. It just has that Celeste Bergin touch and look! Great tips in the small print section too.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste!
Great painting. Love the colors, the shapes and design.
Also enjoy the different style in this one!
Love the cat in the corner!
Good luck.
Michael

Libby Fife said...

I sure like that painting-and the one you brought to the meeting also. Great cause too-our little furry friends definitely need our help:)

Page Railsback said...

No..I want it. I love this.Such diversity in your style..Love this..love cats too

Page Railsback said...

No, I want it! Love this..your style is so diverse..love cats too

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, Just am crazy about this painting, and s cat lover, too! Wonderful cause!

Celeste Bergin said...

thank you Sadami, Chris, Linda, Susan, Sherry, michael,
libby,Page and Nancy!

Linda said...

Such a beautiful painting! The colours are lovely.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Beautiful, happy, almost-home painting. I enjoyed seeing the other paintings and reading notes from your meeting. I look forward to the varnish/don't varnish discussion.

David Starr said...

I'm betting this will be a big hit.