Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day one, Za Vue Portrait workshop, May 25, 2013


If you follow the Alla Prima Portland blog you're certain to have noticed Za Vue's paintings....they stand out as "routinely" excellent each and every week. Za's professional background includes working with Disney Feature Animation (for movies like Mulan). She now teaches animation at the Art Institute of Portland and paints with us at Studio 30 on Fridays.  Today was day one of her much anticipated portrait workshop.

Here's me with Za at my easel. Note how she used a step ladder to reach my painting. She's kind of short and I'm kind of tall. (Za innovates)!

At the end of the day we discussed our collective work and teacher and students alike were really pleased with the results. Go us!

To see more photos from the day.....click HERE. Day two is tomorrow. 



9 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

I have noticed Za's work on the other blog and it is fabulous. Your portrait looks awesome, Celeste, but then to me they always do!

Karla said...

WOW! Those paintings ARE awesome!! Great job!!

Lisa Graham said...

This looks like a wonderful workshop. I love how all the paintings look in rows on the easels and on the table. The colors are all so rich. Have fun Celeste and I hope you learn lots!

Dan Kent said...

Nice that Za had a workshop - I have heard so much about her from your blog. Love the results of everyone's paintings. And your painting - just as it is in the photo - unfinished, is so cool!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Love seeing all the portraits in a row!
Nice post Celeste!
Michael

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I enjoyed seeing how she started then gradually blocked in the shadowed area first. Wish I could have seen her do the mouth I appreciate you sharing all this good stuff.
Sheets have had such a talented group. All the work looked good.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Jeeesh... Hate the phone changing the spelling.
I think I meant - she must have loved having such a talented group.

David Starr said...

Will she do another workshop for those of us who missed this?

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks for the comment, Sherry, Karla, Lisa, Michael, Julie and David. I appreciate you taking the time. David, it would be best to contact Za Vue yourself to ask. I don't know her future workshop plans. :)