Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday at Studio 30

I did two sessions at Studio 30 today, but my still life in the morning session tanked. Our model in the afternoon looked brooding and wore interesting clothing. I was off to a rough start and had to eradicate her completely a couple of times...I hung tough, however, and in the end I was pleased with the result. I sure loved the white of her tie against her dark shirt.

I have been drying my paintings at Studio 30 in a locker. I decided to take them all home tonight...but Za stopped me before I loaded them into the car so that I could have a one-man-show in the hall. The idea was to look at how my earlier paintings compare to now.

Everyone in attendance at my hallway exhibit agreed that I've painted some good ones and some bad ones, but the recent paintings (beginning last week) have by far been the best. (...thank you, Za Vue!)

To see all the paintings from today....go HERE!

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Life Model, oil on 12x16 canvas panel

9 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Maybe its me, but I don't think you paint any bad paintings, my friend. I instantly thought of Jane Eyre with this portrait. There is such a sense of it for me.

Libby Fife said...

Nothing like an impromptu showing to get your afternoon in gear!

Glad you had a good time yesterday and pulled the painting out of the water. Sometimes it just takes a few swings at the canvas I guess:)

Virginia Floyd said...

I enjoyed reading about your struggles. Your hallway exhibit is great!

Dan Kent said...

For all of your struggles (which I don't see), I agree that this is your best yet!!! The background, the clothing, and the face all enhance one another. She is up to something..

Page Railsback said...

A lot of work..love your commitment ..and that is why your are such a good painter

Linda Popple said...

Love the look of your portrait! You did a wonderful job in capturing her in paint. Love all the photos, as always. What a great group and space.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Beautiful portrait, Celeste. Really great.

hmuxo said...

Excellent work, Celeste!!!

Lisa Graham said...

I really love the way she turned out too Celeste. It is her face I love the most and her heavy eyes. Her clothing makes her very serious too.

Your paintings in a row look incredible together. All the faces and colors. Portraits are by far my favorite kind of painting I think. Your portraits are so classic and lovely.