Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday!

I painted the painting above with no time to spare at the very bitter end of the Studio 30 session today. (I had wiped down my previous effort...one that I had worked on for nearly three hours...sometimes that happens!)**

The still life session in the morning was super-fun...well attended, even though the good weather is beckoning painters outdoors for plein air. To see what all the other painters did today..go HERE.

** “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” (--F. Scott Fitzgerald)

P.S. If you have a moment, have a look at this intriguing video. It's short. (Direct link: HERE)

7 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

That video brought tears and smiles, Celeste. Thank you for sharing it. I love Dove.

Your portrait is wonderful and the still life...such beautiful light!!

I'm down a harp string so am not playing on the good harp. Anyway, one of these days, I'm going to figure it out.

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
The paintings and the "quote" are really good! Thank u!!
Cheers,Sadami

Lisa Graham said...

I have seen that video...it's awesome. Your portrait turned out awesome...love her hairband.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Celeste. Thank you for both the quote and the video. These have special meaning to me today. The portrait and still life are both lovely!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Okay Celeste!
Trying to catch up with you wonderful art posts!
Love the white cat on the red chair! Ahhhh! So very nice!
Also really enjoy the portrait!
Keep up the great work!
Michael

Karen Boe said...

So fun to see your cats & chair paintings in person at the Lane Gallery! Had a great time. :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to be able to paint a decent portrait with no time to spare. Congratulaitons.

Susan (Foster)