Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday!

Today I painted in two sessions at Studio 30. We had a great model who was surrounded by flowers. She held up a compact mirror and wore a silk robe. Glamorous! I didn't quite finish, but I took some photos and I might complete it later.

To see what everyone did at Studio 30...go HERE.
To see the Thursday art discussion art...go HERE.

Will you have a wonderful weekend? What is on your docket?

(Top photo): Painting, Celeste Bergin, Life Model K, oil on 16x20 stretched canvas
(Bottom photo): Painting. Celeste Bergin, flowers, oil on 8x8 canvas panel

8 comments:

mary maxam said...

These are both so gooooood! And, the model in the top piece is luminous. Love it.

Polly Birchall said...

Lovely paintings

Libby Fife said...

What a great model in a lovely setting. Always a good time at Studio 30 so thank you:)

CrimsonLeaves said...

Glamorous indeed! I am reminded of the type of glamour from the 1950's for some reason. I always wanted a compact but they do seem to have gone out of style or I'm just out of style. LOL

hmuxo said...

These are wonderful, Celeste...and love the colors and "perfect" pose for this painting..

Sheryl Anthony said...

Love these. Did the model get tired holding her hands up like that? Great paintings!

Dan Kent said...

These are excellent! I'd love to see you finish this one. It is such an interesting subject. The flowers are absolutely beautiful.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Love the portrait of the model surrounded by flowers!
Someday I will come up with a fitting word to describe how beautiful this painting is! Maybe this work is so good it can't be described by words? This work speaks for itself and it screams great work of art!
Bravo Celeste!
Michael