Saturday, May 4, 2013

Saturday

The painting above is one of 6 paintings that I have in Lane Gallery's "Reigning Cats & Dogs" show.  The Lane Gallery arranged to have some pets available for adoption from the Oregon Humane Society at last night's reception....(and one little dog got to go home with a new owner as a result!) At the very end of the evening we managed to run over to First Friday in Montavilla to see Dave Burbach's photography at Pastrygirl. A really great art-filled evening! I hope you are having a good weekend too! (Slideshow below or use this direct link).

(Painting): Celeste Bergin, Have a Ball, oil on 9x12 stretched canvas (framed)


11 comments:

John Simlett said...

Puppies must be the most lovable things ever created, and the image you have created is just so!

Sadami said...

Ooohhhh! Celeste,
I love this doggy!
So cute!!! Thank u.
Cheers, Sadami

CrimsonLeaves said...

Puppies always capture my heart. Looks like you had a fabulous turnout and I do so love how they put your name above your section of wall. Tres elegant!

Polly Birchall said...

Adorable painting. How lovely that a dog was adopted too.

Dean H. said...

A beautiful painting of an adorable puppy, Celeste!
Completely off the charts of the awww factor!!

SamArtDog said...

aaawwwww!
Sweet dog love!
Thanks for helping.

Margaret M. Lin said...

Lovely painting. What a cutie!

hmuxo said...

So adorable, Celeste! a beautiful painting and so glad he found a home..I just adopted a little dog from the shelter so you put a smile on my face... I wish they can all find forever family's.

mary maxam said...

Heartbreakingly good! I love her your painting and the adoption.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I have enjoyed catching up with all the wonderful paintings you have done. Neat to see the red chairs on the wall and table after seeing them on your blog.
This looked like a sweet little dog and I love the way you painted his eyes.

L.W.Roth, said...

It was fun catching up with you. Love the puppy--but who doesn't? Should be a successful show. I really loved Fechin, whom I had never heard of. Thanks for turning me on. And the video was something else! Extremely interesting. Comparing how we see ourselves versus how others see us is brilliant.

Wipe outs are common in the studio, but valuable. They yeild important graphic information.

The still life is very clever and as usual well done.