Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday!

I started a painting that went nowhere today...so at the end of the evening I did this quick Conte' sketch. (The reference is from a magazine). I liked using a big eraser to create the lights.  (He reminds me a little of "the most interesting man in the world"). I'll have another go at the painting tomorrow. 

In honor of Mother's Day, I changed my facebook profile to this picture of my Mom. (I always did want to look like her!)

Here we are probably in the area of 13 years ago when I visited her in Florida. The absolute best thing about my Mom was her sense of humor.  She made me laugh most every single day!

This is the painting of my Mom that my blogging friend Crimson Leaves surprised me with last year. (She got the reference from a photo I had blogged). This painting hangs in my bedroom..and it is a treasure.
----------------
Yesterday I went to Eric Jacobsen's painting demonstration at the Sovereign Gallery. Slideshow (below).  Eric gave a great talk throughout the demonstration. Remember the big shapes!
(Direct link to photos: HERE)

(Top Photo) Sketch, Celeste Bergin, Bearded guy, Conte' in 9 x 12 sketchbook

9 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
Heart warming post and wonderful drawings! Thank u for sharing them.
Best wishes, Sadami

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a gorgeous photo of your mom when she was young, Celeste!! She is a natural beauty and I think you have your mom's cheekbones for sure. I like your conte crayon portrait. Somehow you inject a regal sense into all your subjects. I tried to find something arty to do yesterday and ended up at a lilac garden. I literally could find no events that were not downtown Chicago.

Sheryl Anthony said...

A good drawing. (I wish I would remember to do a drawing when other things go nowhere)! It is fun to see photos of your mom.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Well fifteen minutes passed very quickly looking at this great post.
Love your sharing pics of your mother and enjoyed seeing Sherry's painting. Celeste, my dear, I think you are terrific.

Lisa Graham said...

I love seeing the sweet photo of you and your mom. What a great post filled with art and warmth and family.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Mothers with a sense of humor are a gift--I think she passed it on to you. Hope you had a great day. Wonderful sanguine drawing; I haven't used that color recently.

Anonymous said...

Great post for Mother's day.

Susan

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, great post, love your sketch! You area a master of portraits! Also love your tribute to your mom! All beautiful!

hmuxo said...

I don't know how I missed this post, Celeste but your Mom was such a beautiful Lady!!!