Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tuesday!

I did some painting today, but it was too late in the day to photograph it. Instead, here is a sketch in my toned-paper sketchbook...a copy of a Sargent drawing. My, but he had beautiful models.

I took a walk in the late afternoon. My regular route took me past Beet's Auto Repair. They always have interesting things in their yard. This is a the hood of a truck made into a rabbit. It's propped up against a boat. Not something you see everyday.

(Top Photo) Sketch: Celeste Bergin, After John Singer Sargent, pencil in 6x8 Sketchbook 

8 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

All of my artist friends make art look so easy, so beautiful. I'm looking at the graphite work and wondering how I never seem able to achieve this beautiful look...She is beautiful indeed.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste!
Love the Bunny! Life can be so much fun!
Love your sketch! Seeing the photo of the actual sketchbook makes a great connection!
Great post!
Michael

hmuxo said...

Sargent is one of my favorite Artists, and you painted this beautifully, Celeste. He did have beautiful models!!

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
I love that black and white! Congrats!!
Cheers, Sadami

Anonymous said...

Great drawing. The rabbit is weird.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

The juxtaposition of the two different heads is a riot. Especially the eyes...very clever, Celeste.
I love your drawing and even if it is a copy it still shows your confident line.

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks, Julie, Anonymous, Sadami, hmuxo, Michael and Sherry! :)

Marie Theron said...

The sketch is beautiful, Celeste. You knew where and when to stop . It is extremely accomplished. I also congratulate you on the diversity of your work and your constant experimenting. That is certainly the way to keep developing.