Saturday, June 8, 2013

Friday at Studio 30


I painted in two sessions today at Studio 30. I have plans to make changes to the portrait I did...but I'll post what I have so far. Studio 30 is in recess for awhile --so we'll all get outside for more plein air painting. To see what everyone else did today......go HERE.

Also, tonight was our artist reception at Lane Gallery for 'By the Sea', Slideshow below (or direct link to photos HERE).
(Top Painting) Celeste Bergin, Still Life, oil on 11x14 canvas panel
(2nd Painting)Celeste Bergin, Life Model, oil on 12x16 stretched canvas

9 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

I especially love the still life, so traditional in subject so not traditional in your awesome style. You always give your portrait models so much respect by painting them with such dignity. Love it! The Lane Gallery is just beautiful and I love how they display the various artists' works.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Love the light in the portrait!
Nice job!
Love the flower still life!
Striking and bold colors! Love the reds!
So good! So good!
Michael

art by Michael Perchard said...

Love the light in the portrait!
Nice job!
Love the flower still life!
Striking and bold colors! Love the reds!
So good! So good!
Michael

Lisa Graham Art said...

These are gorgeous Celeste! The colors are so rich and dark and pretty.

Hey, I wanted to say I noticed you switched back to your Blogger profile from the Google+ profile. I didn't think it was possible to do so when I saw you had done it, I googled how to and it was so easy. I didn't like Google+ because when someone tries to find you via comments you make, I think Google + is hard to navigate when trying to find that person's blog. I am so happy to have my Blogger profile back! So thank you Celeste! :)

Sheryl Anthony said...

I love that red flower!

Page Railsback said...

The still life is fabulous..love the warm gold-ochre in both

hw (hallie) farber said...

An amazing flower painting!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I think you nailed the shadows on the white flowers perfectly. I love seeing your work because you always get your values spot on. I also admire the way you always get a beautiful glow on skin. Great paintings from everyone. I love seeing the group paintings.

David Starr said...

I like both of these paintings.