Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday!

I did an oil sketch today at Cannon Beach. It was so foggy the usual landmarks (like Haystack rock) were completely 'gone'.  

The Plein Air and More event is kicking off, so I thought I might run into some of my painting friends...and I did. I found Mike Rangner at Dragonfire Gallery.

I ran into Karen Lewis at Primary Elements Gallery.

Here's Dave having a look at some work by Anton Pavlenko.  A near perfect day! 

(Top Photo) Oil Sketch, Celeste Bergin, Cannon Beach, oil on 4x7 canvas

11 comments:

Polly Birchall said...

Such an atmospheric painting, love it. Have a lovely weekend

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh I do so love Cannon Beach and the little town around the beach. I spent a weekend there once and just enjoyed it so much. I love your painting of the beach, even without the landmark rocks. It just captures that PNW feel so beautifully. And yes, your day does look perfect!

mary maxam said...

I've always wanted to go to Cannon beach and now this only makes me want it more! What a great capture of fog and the small figure makes it perfect- really like the atmosphere.

Sheryl Anthony said...

I've never thought about painting fog. Looks like a challenge. You did well.

SamArtDog said...

There's nothing brighter than fog, and you've shown that here. Also, I like how you've shown its denseness.

hmuxo said...

LOVE the foggy atmosphere, Celeste.
Nice painting!!!

David Starr said...

Nice! that looks just how it looks when it is socked in. I like it.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thank you, Polly, Sherry, Mary, Sheryl, Sam, hmuxo and Dave! I appreciate your comments!

Anthony Duce said...

Wonderful painting.

Quin Sweetman said...

Wow, Celeste! Love your moody beach painting. This is exactly what it feels like much of the time.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Love, love, love Cannon Beach. Thanks for the escape from the heat viewing this beautifully atmospheric painting