Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday!

Here's my painting for today..! It's an oil study for a larger painting. 

This afternoon I went to the Troy Laundry Building Open Studios. My friend Joanne Kollman has a studio there and I visited with her as well as other artists who have studios under the same roof. It's a beautiful building...perfect for artist workspaces. Lots of sunlight!

Luckily for me, Joanne's Open Studio was a retrospective of her work, past and present. I was reunited with this image of a sleeping dog and cat.....(I owned it many years ago when I didn't know Joanne).


Looking back/looking forward is pretty much the theme in the wonderful video below. This just one more example of how "everything old is new again". (Thanks to Ronni Bennett).  



Direct link to video: HERE.
(Top Photo) Oil Study, Celeste Bergin, Cloud Bank, oil on 6x6 canvas panel

11 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

Fine study and great post!!

Jeanette said...

Love the oil study and look forward to the painting from it. Also Joanne's dog/cat painting is fabulous.

You are so immersed in art daily, an inspiration to me.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste!
You are such a busy artist! I have to make more of an effort to keep up with your wonderful posts!
I love this piece! I love it just the way it is! Great art here.
I also love your post with Pete Seeger's quote. I have many of his songs on my play lists!
Guantanamera is one or my favorite songs.
Michael

CrimsonLeaves said...

Ok, I have to say that video was awesome! I found myself bouncing to the beat by the end of it. Fabulous! I like the looks of your study too!

SamArtDog said...

Thanks for the great post! Kudos to the editor of the dance video, as much an artist as all those movers and shakers.

B Boylan said...

Great post Celeste.

This piece perhaps has a bit of a Roos influence to it? Love the brushy-ness and color of it. Nice.

I sure wish I could have made it out on Friday to see your impromptu "show", but I got a gamestopper from kidlet #2.

See you soon.

Margaret M. Lin said...

Beautiful study. Hope to see the larger painting!

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks so much...Margaret, Brenda, Sam!, Sherry, Michael, Jeanette and Casey! (Yes, Brenda...good eye..I am definitely inspired by Roos Schuring!)

Dan Kent said...

It's a beautiful study - love the sky!!

hmuxo said...

EXCELLENT piece, Celeste!!! I don't know how I missed this one....

David Starr said...

That cloud study could stand on it's own.