Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday!

One of my best blogging pals is 'PAMO'.  Some time ago PAMO asked me and some of her other blogging friends to do a cartoon and send it to her.  I made a contribution, but I didn't fully realize that she would put all the toons together into a book. Today I received my copy in the mail.

Cartooning is a major challenge and I won't pretend that my toon was very good...I won't quit my day job...but I really loved the left-hand page that PAMO so thoughtfully quoted from my blog profile.  It was great fun to see how all the others handled the assignment. I'll treasure my book and keep it on my coffee table. (Thanks for publishing me, PAMO!) 

In other news, I am one of the 'friends' exhibiting with Kristina Sellers' show at Broderick. (Click image to Enlarge) The reception is Sunday, June 9..... 1-6pm. Will I see you there? 

11 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Congrats on being published, Celeste! I love my blogging friends too. Wish I could go to the Broderick Gallery for your exhibit!

PAMO said...

Celeste- I am so HONORED that you contributed your wonderful cartoon to the Art With Humor zine! "Art is for everyone" is the best quote EVER!

I had such fun putting this together because I got to connect with you and other wonderful artists on this fantastic blogosphere.

Thank you for the link- you are generous as always. Thank you for always inspiring me- every day.

Dan Kent said...

Wasn't the zine wonderful?! I got mine yesterday too! :) Following in your wake, I have put my copy on the coffee table too. Great idea!

Polly Birchall said...

What a brilliant idea and lovely keepsake.

Libby Fife said...

I do just love Pamo's work and what fun to see your quote in the book.

Wish I could be there for the reception. Have a glass of wine for me please:)

Sadami said...

~(*o*)~! ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ !!!!

Dean H. said...

I received my book too! Your 'toon had me grinning, Celeste!
Pamo is super for turning us all into published artists!! :) She is a super personality.

hw (hallie) farber said...

What big eyes you have!! Congratulations on being published.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, congratulations! You are so multi-talented, I am impressed! Also congrates on your new exhibit!
So much good news!

Page Railsback said...

Wow!..How do you do it all Celeste?.. Congrats

mary maxam said...

What a spirited and wonderful painting "Painter" is! The reception does look fabulous too and an excellent showcase-Congrats!