Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday!

Big Shapes! Big Shapes! (I had big shapes in mind as I painted this). Speaking of big shapes....all the best artists keep driving that home. Check out Brenda Boylan's nice interview HERE). 

Yeah--yeah, this blog is usually 'all about me' ---but every now and then I just have to crow about another special art pal. Camila Morrison just received her certificate of Fine Arts from the Pacific Northwest College of Art. It took her five years and she managed it while working at a full time job. Way to go....Congratulations, Cam!

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, The Start of Evening, oil on 6x6 canvas panel
(Bottom Photo): Camila Morrison, July 18, 2013 

7 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Celeste,
Big shapes. I've been haunted by those things since Michele suggested that I paint something for our home.
The 30x40-inch canvas is currently trying to be a coral reef. Lots of colorful BIG SHAPES. I've been using large brushes to force myself to make those shapes, but it's harder than is seems--for me, at least.
You, on the other hand, have mastered the technique beautifully! Congratulations on another lovely painting.
Have a nice weekend!
Sincerely,
Gary.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh what a beautiful sky!! I think when I do art I just make up my own rules and wait to see what happens. Maybe that is my problem? LOL Congrats to your friend! Not an easy task for sure!

hmuxo said...

Your "Start of Evening" is wonderful, Celeste! Loving the blues....Your posts are so, so inspiring! I LOVE the video of Brenda painting! I could watch her all day! Do you know what kind of pastel paper she's using?

Lisa Graham Art said...

I like the big shapes Celeste and the blue in this is wonderful. Congratulations to your friend!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Love the painting Celeste and enjoyed visiting your friends blog. She is a really good painter.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Wow, I love this painting and Congratulations to your friend.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks, Gary, Sherry, Hilda, Lisa, Julie and Sheryl! Appreciate your comments! :)