Saturday, July 27, 2013

Friday!

In my big Sargent book is his "Study of a bust at Lille". It was a lot of fun to draw....one more Sargent copy down (for my Sargent project)....about 40 more to go.

Yesterday I went to the art meeting at O'Connors. To see what I and all the artists brought for discussion....go HERE.

(click to enlarge)

I spent time today getting my act together for Tabor Day. Stephanie Cissna and I will be at SE Belmont and SE 69th (near Songbird Cafe) on Sunday with art on display. We'll also be painting whatever strikes our fancy from Noon to 7pm. Stephanie and I both live in Mt. Tabor and this is a Benefit for the Friends of Mt. Tabor. Come on by!

(Top Photo) Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Study of bust at Lille after Sargent, charcoal in 6x9  toned paper sketchbook.

7 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a gorgeous piece this bust is, Celeste! It really is so soft and refined, so elegant. Your line work is gorgeous. Wish I could surprise you and come out to the Mt. Tabor event.

hmuxo said...

Sargent would be proud!!! Wonderful work.

suzanneberry said...

Lovely sketch Celeste! He is one of my idols and you did it justice! beautiful!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Beautiful drawing and I checked out the paintings and notes.

I look forward to hearing about Mt. Tabor.

June said...

I really admire your intense obsession with making art. Not viewing it (although you do a lot of that) not talking about it (although you do a lot of that, too) but _making_ it, in whatever form you find yourself faced with. You are admirable!

Sheryl Anthony said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheryl Anthony said...

I have to echo what June wrote. I like how dedicated you are to drawing as well as painting. Sometimes when I am feeling overtaxed, you have given me permission to just do something small and to count it as a worthy effort. In time, I might be able to draw as well as you do!