Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday!

Have you noticed a blue theme going on here?

(from Lane Gallery's website):

Over a dozen artists share their unique takes on the BLUES this August at Lane Gallery: Bonnie Meltzer, Susan Schenk, Carol Bietsch, Jo Lundberg, Tod Steele, Gila Lane, Phyllis Meyer, Dagmar Grossman, Joanne Licardo, Joanne Kollman, Celeste Bergin, Susan Thomas, Jenn Feeney, Kyle Kraiter, Aaron van de Graeff, and Shane Brant. The exhibition opens on August 2nd with a First-Friday artists' reception and community party at 6pm. Join us for fine art, finer artists and treats from both Compote Café and Bakery and KIVA Tea Café and Spa.

You'll come, won't you?

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Blue Reflections, oil on 8x8 gallery wrapped canvas

8 comments:

Maike Bohlen said...

I would come, surely, if it wouldn´t be so far. Great work you are showing. Best wishes from here.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Looking at the thumbnail on my blog for this piece, I thought to myself that "Celeste must have entered a blue period!" LOL Then I read your first words after clicking over here. As always, this is beautiful, Celeste. Your pieces always set a mood and that is something I don't find very often.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Certainly noticing a very beautiful blue theme!
Also noticing in loving the atmosphere in the last three posts.
I love the impressionistic style!
Yesterday's "Mooring" also well done!
You are so very busy! Hard to keep up with you wonderful work!
Take care Celeste!
Michael

L.W.Roth, said...

I most certainly have. I spotted it yesterday. I doubt your color choice has nothing to do with any travails in your life; the blue is true, not grayed. Very nice abstraction here.

hmuxo said...

I love these blues, Celeste..
wonderful painting!!!

mary maxam said...

I have noticed your blue theme and this is absolutely dreamy! you never disappoint!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

The colors you used in the sky and reflections make this blue painting extra special. A really lovely harmony.
Wish I could attend the opening but am looking forward to seeing the photos. Know it will be very successful for you all.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Wish that I could come! I love all of the blue themed paintings! This one is so dramatic and intense, just perfect!