Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday!

I got together with some of my art pals today and we painted a model in our host's back yard. The pretty model was in the shade ....and we were in the sun. I forgot my new (slightly broken) umbrella at home---and I was wishing I had it (even with it's busted spoke)......nevertheless,  I had a great time.  Despite the challenges, I'm confident that I captured some of the sunny/shady flavor of the scene.  It was a super afternoon!

My friend's cat Percie came out to check out how we were doing. She rolled around in the gravel and left. .........But, wait, Percie!

(Top Photo) Oil Study, Celeste Bergin, Life Model in the shade, oil on 12x16 canvas


8 comments:

SamArtDog said...

Very evocative of the cool and shady. Great backyard vibe!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh my! You do dappled beautifully!!! Another gorgeous figure/portrait piece, Celeste. I love your style.

Dean H. said...

The sun spots are very effectively done, Celeste! I like the laid-back touch of the warm chair against the cool background.

Sheryl Anthony said...

She looks so cool in that spot! Wonderful!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Days before air conditioning--afternoons under the trees. Beautiful painting.

hmuxo said...

A beautiful model and painting, Celeste.! I love these colors and the perfect light!!!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

You cannot beat having the model in filtered light. What a lovely painting. You did a wonderful job, Celeste.

mary maxam said...

Your shadows and dappled light are inspiring! I think you hit the perfect value range in this lovely figure.