Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday!


I worked on a painting yesterday in a life modeling session, but it did not work out in the least. I tried to work from memory today to improve it, but it only went even more awry. Major disappointment.... because the model had been a really good one and the pose was inspiring. Confound it. Well...you just have to shake it off when things go poorly! Shake it off!

On a more positive note, I've made just a couple changes to the painting above and it was delivered (with 4 others) to the Lane Gallery today for the Blues show. 

I got a sneak peek of  some of the paintings that will be going up and it is sure to be a great show.
 Have you been to the Lane Gallery yet? It is gorgeous..a sparkling jewel at 27th and Clinton. There will be an artist's reception this Friday, August 2. You're invited!

I love this promotion for the show. Click to enlarge. It's clever! See you there!

(Top Photo) Painting, Celeste Bergin, Bluescape, 8x8 oil on gallery wrapped canvas

9 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

I do love the blues! Wish I could go! Still love the dream quality of this piece!

Libby Fife said...

Can't wait to see your work. I really like that top piece a lot. Wish I could just zip up there to have a visit:)

Sheryl Anthony said...

The Blues Show! I'll be there. I love this dreamy painting.

hmuxo said...

LOVE, LOVE this one...A gorgeous blue painting...a favorite!! (again.)

Lisa Graham Art said...

I like your attitude Celeste...just move on. I hope you have an amazing blue exhibition. Your post reminds me I have seen THE blue Hope Diamond at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C. It was quite the site. I really wanted to try in on, but they said no. Imagine that. Sheesh.

M. J. Muir said...

Love your post! and
The poster is a delight.

AK said...

Love this work. Just forget what did not work out. Part of the game.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I'd love to sit in those mission oak chairs and ogle the show. Beautiful painting; enjoy the opening.

David Starr said...

Planning on going in this week. It's a good theme for a show.