Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Painting the Moonrise

I got to go to meet up with some painting pals at the Tualatin Wildlife Refuge Tuesday night. We were there in anticipation of the Blue Moon.  (A Blue Moon is the 3rd full moon during the same month).

Here's my study--I got there early enough that everything was still pretty light. I tried another 2nd painting when it got dark--but I couldn't see! Others were successful. 

Taking in the scenery

It's dark! (L to R), Eric Bowman, Thomas Kitts, Ramona Youngquist, Michael Orwick, me and Brenda Boylan

(Top Photo) Oil Study, Celeste Bergin, Moonrise, oil on 8x10 canvas panel

13 comments:

Sheryl Anthony said...

what a great idea! I want to be there! Your painting turned out great.

Karen Boe said...

Oh Celeste this painting is awesome! Beautiful at a distance but with enough interest to draw you into those yummy brushstrokes. Ahhhh....lovely. ♥
And Eric was there too! Damn. You are killing me! ;)

Kevin Neal said...

This is a great time to paint, the colors are so cool in this one. And the moonlight makes those fantastic shadows. Got to get out there.

CrimsonLeaves said...

How beautiful! I love the pale pink sunset sky too. Even the though I am a morning person, to me there is something so comforting and beautiful about the night. Safe and homey and all is well feeling.

hmuxo said...

You captured a beautiful scene, Celeste!!!

Libby Fife said...

What a beautiful evening you had and great results also. I didn't realize we were having a blue moon:)

Helen Moreda said...

You lead us right to the moon. Nice painting.....fun evening.

Polly Birchall said...

What a interesting thing to do. Yours turned out really well. The light really works

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Lovely work, Celeste! "Painting Blind" is pretty much my new M.O., especially when the light is low.

L.W.Roth, said...

Wonderful painting and a wonderful excursion. The practical person that I am would worry about mosquitos and ticks. You are really die hard. My hero.

Margaret M. Lin said...

Lovely painting!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Looks like fun! Love the purple sky, beautiful!

joanieART said...

Gorgeous painting of the moonlight, and sure looks like you are having loads of fun, all of you!