Saturday, August 3, 2013

Visiting with art friends.... Saturday

I had a great afternoon visiting at Art in the Heart (at Art on the Boulevard).  The 'Paparrazzi' caught us just as Kevin Weaver stopped by and said the most hilarious thing to us. I bet you wonder what it was! Well, I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill ya. (We laughed until our sides hurt)!

....And later (because, unfortunately,  I wasn't able to attend last night's reception) I swung by to see the beautiful Blues show at the Lane Gallery. (I have 5 pieces in the show). What a great day! (Slideshow below and direct link to photos HERE).
I even found time to fit in a sketch for my self imposed Sargent project. Man, I know I've said it before, but they really had some crazy hats back in Sargent's day.

Did you have a good day today too? Hoping yes!

(Top) Hilarity with Kevin Weaver, Brenda Boylan, me and Mike Rangner
(2nd photo) Sketch, Celeste Bergin, Albert deBellenroche after Sargent, charcoal in 6x9 toned paper sketchbook

12 comments:

B Boylan said...

I'm still laughing! Love the little gif, adds to the humor!

L.W.Roth, said...

It does look like a hilarious joke. The photo is hilarious too and can make a dizzy broad dizzier. Love your Sargent nice big black and white forms, no pen lines. The last oil of your is charming. The hazy sun in sky was well done. A beauty.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Now if that doesn't look like the most fabulous day, I do not know what does! As always, I do so love those Sargent sketches too.

Polly Birchall said...

Well you mad me laugh along. Great pic btw

hmuxo said...

Love your Sargent painting, Celeste.
You do so well with them. I don't know what you were laughing about but it is definitely contagious.!!
Love it!!!!

Libby Fife said...

It sure looks like you had a great day! And I always enjoy stopping by the Lane Gallery:) Thanks again:)

David Starr said...

I do want to know what the joke was!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Am with David on this...I wanna know too and you can kill me afterwards, thats if you can catch me!
Love your Sargent drawing. Actually, this one looks as if it came pretty easy for you. Are you catching on to his method?
I really enjoyed seeing the show. Thanks.

PAMO said...

Just watching you guys laugh has made me laugh! I love those kind of moments. Thank you for sharing that!

Five pieces in one show?! You are AWESOME!!!

Your Sargent sketch is GREAT! Love the hat. :-)

A good day yes. Your blog is always a delight.

Dean H. said...

Email me that danged joke, Celeste!!
Curiosity killed the cat...Meow!

Great Sargent sketch.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Looks like a perfect day.

Page Railsback said...

Just beaming seeing your post today. You do have fun while you paint beautiful paintings through your days Celeste. Smile on